- stores body temperature with an accuracy of 0.1°C
- detects slightest movements and stores them
- sends the most recent data of temperature and status (dead or alive) with each position message
- sends a mortality message via GSM or IRIDIUM VERTEX Plus collars (optional)
- Cause of Mortality: Find out the cause of death.
- Carcass studies: Observe the area of the kill. What species visit it, who else is feeding on the carcass.
- Physiological data: Use the temperature data as true physiological data to find answers for internal processes, adaption processes or even animal welfare.
Heartbeat and motion: A highly sensitive acceleration sensor detects the slightest movements like a heartbeat or breathing. If no motion has been detected for four minutes, the animal is presumed dead and a mortality alert notification message with the current GPS position data is sent with any of the 3 remote communication option. The VERTEX Plus collar’s VHF beacon will also switch to mortality mode.
Temperature: Body temperature is measured with an accuracy of 0.1°C. Following pre-defined intervals, the temperature is sent to the VERTEX Plus collar and stored in the collar memory.